There’s definitely a theme going on here. I wouldn’t say this is an ultimate favourite ‘artists’ list, though I have listened to theses artists albums and playlists completely, many times over, and mostly when I’m in a lost or creative mood. Several of these I can’t listen to just a few songs, I have to listen to it all otherwise I can’t sleep. Some of these artists hardly come out with anything, but I still check back occasionally to listen to the same thing. Or if there is something new it’s like a birthday present. It’s awesome but you either like it a lot or not really. Some in the list also have very little out, but I love the sound of everything.
My list is in no particular order. Some I’ve listened to while studying, while making clothes or drawing, and even while doing nothing and just staring at the ceiling for a whole hour. Also, this list was kind of hard because I had to remember a few I hadn’t listened to in a while, and like a normal person I don’t usually listen to more than a few songs from an album/artist a time.
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – a recent Uber driver showed me his spotify playlist and when I saw Creedence there I went off rambling.
- Twin Cabins
- Gorillaz – First 3 main albums. I still like the newer 2, but I only listen to bits and pieces of them.
- Cyndi Lauper
- Surf Curse
- Tammi Terrell (& Marvin Gaye) – Marvin is in brackets because there’s a whole playlist on my phone of Tammi solo and some unreleased at the time which I love the most.
- The Shirelles
- Bon Iver
- Empire of the Sun
***A few I used to listen to a while ago, and some when I was a kid. Compared to the ones above, some of these I now only listen to a few songs like normal, unlike how I would in the past.
- Dido – when I was in primary school lol
- Mariah Carey – when I was in primary school lol
- The Naked and Famous
- The Supremes
- Amy Winehouse
- Morning Musume – beginning to platinum era
*picture of Tammi Terrell.